James Fea and Jean Cooper
John Fea and Barbara Hepburn
John Fea was the third son of James Fea and Jean Cooper and born c1805 in Stronsay.
John married Barbara Hepburn on 7th September, 1837 at Kirkwall and they lived (1851) at Albert Street, Kirkwall. His occupation (1851) was shoemaker. On his death he was a Shoemaker (Master).
Barbara was possibly born c1803 or c1806 on Shapinsay. Her parents may have been Peter and Christian Hepburn, nee Bews ( bapt. 20th February, 1803 Shapinsay) or Peter and Christina Hepburn, nee Cooper (1806)
John and Barbara had four children:
- Barbara Hepburn Fea (b. 1830). Barbara was a dressmaker in 1851
- Mary Hepburn Fea (b. 1835)
- Robert Moar Spence Fea (b. 1839). Robert was baptised on 23rdMarch, 1839 at Kirkwall. He was a House Carpenter in 1881, living at 29 Bridge Street, Kirkwall. He lived at 8 Fraser Close, Kirkwall in 1891. He died in 1891
Robert married Jessie Mcleod (Sinclair), a widow on 5th March, 1875 at Kirkwall. Jessie was b. in 1847 at Lochbroom (Ross & Cromarty). In 1891 Jessie stated her occupation as tailoress.
Children of Robert and Jessie Fea
- Jessie Alexina Fea (b. 1875)
- William Spence Fea (b. 1876)
- Robert Fea (b. 1879)
- Annabella (b. 1889, Edinburgh)
- William Spence Fea (b. 1841). William was baptised on 14th December, 1841 at Kirkwall. He still lived in Kirkwall in 1878 (Father's death certificate), but lived in Mill Cottage, Birsay, in 1882 (Peter Fea's death certificate). No record of marriage or other information.
John died on 12th June, 1878 at Kirkwall. By then he was a widower.