John Fea: Lock Keeper / John Fea and Catherine Thomson
/ Helen Fea and Alexander Winton
Catherine Winton and Thomas Henderson
Catherine Winton (b. 22nd September 1849) was the eldest child of Alexander Winton and Helen Fea. She was with the family as a child when they moved from Glasgow to Grangemouth,
being there in 1861. She married Thomas Henderson in the Blythswood area of Glasgow on 22nd September 1871.
Thomas was a son of Thomas Henderson and Margaret Buchanan and born on 29th August 1849 in Glasgow. Both Thomas and Catherine's father's occupations are given as blacksmith / journeyman in
the marriage register. Thomas was a ship carpenter and Catherine a dressmaker when they married.
Thomas and Catherine's first child was born in Glasgow with the next four in England before they emigrated to the US in 1880. Thomas was to become highly involved with Catherine's brother in the Winton Motor Carriage Company, which was founded in 1897. They had already built a world renowned bicycle manufacturing business. Further children were born in the
US, bringing the total to nine:
Thomas Winton Henderson b. 6th July 1872, Glasgow. Thomas emigrated to the US with the family, married and had family of his own. He lived for some time in Detroit, Michigan and died in Manhattan in
1930, aged fifty eight
- Alexander Winton Henderson b. June 1874 in Cheshire, England and died that same month.
- Margaret B Henderson b. September 1875, England. Margaret emigrated to the US with the family.
- Helen W Henderson b. July 1877, England and emigrated with the family.
Elizabeth P Henderson b. May 1880, England. Elizabeth also emigrated to the US with the family. She was in Glenville, Cuyahoga, Ohio in 1900 and Cleveland Ward 1, Cuyahoga, Ohio in 1910.
- Daniel McIntyre Henderson b. 26th April 1881, Manhattan. Daniel went with the family to Ohio and was at Summit, Ohio in 1918, He died at Oberlin, Lorain, Ohio on 2nd April 1966, aged eighty
- William G Henderson b. November 1882, Ohio. William died on 11th December 192 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, aged forty two.
- Catherine W Henderson b. March 1887, Ohio. Catherine was in Cleveland Ward 1, Cuyahoga, Ohio in 1910.
- Ida R Henderson b. 19th December 1888, Ohio. She was in Glenville, Cleveland Ward 1 and Oberlin, Ohio before marrying Harold Dean Philips in New York on 14th January 1918. They lived in
Albany, New York and had family.
Catherine died in Ohio in September, 1923.