Christina Hepburn Linklater and Stephen William Impett
Christina Linklater was the first child of William Linklater and Eleanor Fea and born on 12th January, 1864 at Kirkwall. Before her marriage she was a school teacher.
She married Stephen William Impett on 11th October, 1890. Stephen was born on 28th July, 1865, at Adelaide, SA; son of Stephen & Margaret Impett, nee Payne. His occupation was Warehouseman. In 1923 they lived in the Adelaide suburb of Glandore.
Their children were:
- Margurita Irene Impett was born 11th October, 1890 at "Rutland Cottage, Parkside, SA. She died 7th May, 1923, aged 32 years, and is buried at Mitcham Cemetery.
- Ronald Hepburn Impett was born 8th March, 1892 at Eastwood, SA. He served in the 1st AIF in the 1914-18 war and later lived at 5 Benson street, Semaphore. He died 17th November, 1967, aged 71, in hospital. He is buried in the Centennial Park Cemetery, Springbank, SA.
- Rene Christine Impett was born 2nd February, 1894 Eastwood, SA. On 21st July, 1934, she married William David Andrew, a widower with four children. She had previously been engaged to Peter Halfpenny (cousin?), at Tibooburra NSW, but broke it off. William was an Army mate of her brother who took him home to stay whilst on leave. Rene cared for William's youngest child, Brian, before the marriage. They lived at Glandore. William died 14th February, 1964 and Rene died 17th October, 1974, at Wyndermere Private Hospital, 22 Augusta Street, Glenelg, SA.
- Leslie Stephen Impett was born 23rd December, 1895 Parkside, SA. He was a Fitter and lived at Whyalla, SA. He did not marry and died 1st September, 1988
- Charles Howard Impett was born 10th February, 1898. He married Margaret Miller
- Stanley Foreman Impett 1900 - married (1) Ruth Marie Ashton 1902 - 1931 and (2) Muriel Green.
Stephen died by 1939. Christina died om 3rd July, 1939, aged 75 years, and is buried at Mitcham Cemetery, South Australia res. 342 South Road, Glandore, South Australia (src.funeral notice) Hawker, South Australia.