Robert Fea II
Robert Fea (b. 15th / 16th August 1740) was born in
Dublin. Like his father, he entered the army and made Sergeant in the
East Kent Militia on 20th April 1760. This was the Militia which his
father had help train when first set up. His father had joined the
Militia of Canterbury, earlier that month.
Robert Fea II married twice. His first marriage was on 4th November
1764 to Mary Hills at St Peter, Canterbury, Kent, England. She
was born in the parish of Hearnehill, near Broughton in Kent and died on
10th August 1781. They had six children who were all baptised at the
Guildhall Street Independence and Presbyterian Church, Canterbury, Kent,
- Elizabeth Frances Fea who was born on 20th September and
baptised on 2nd October 1765. She died on 29th May 1770.
- William Hammond Fea who was born on 6th March 1767
(baptised 8th April) and had five children;
- Mary Fea
- Elizabeth Fea (b. 8th January 1792)
- Sarah Fea (b. 20th July 1794)
- William Fea (b. 12th March 1797)
- Robert Fea (b. 23rd March 1800, d. 8th March 1801)
- John Fea who was born on 28th April 1770 and baptised on 15th
- Edward Fea who was born on 9th May 1772 and baptised on 3rd
- Robert Fea who was born on 16th December 1774 and baptised on
28th December 1774. He died on1st February 1775.
- Robert Fea III who was born on 10th September 1778 and baptised
on 1st October 1778.
After the death of his first wife, Mary Hills, Robert Fea II married
a second time. His second wife was Mary Roffway, the widow of W
Roffway. The marriage took place on 1st April 1783 at St. Peters,
Canterbury, England. The had one son
Fea who was born on 1st March 1784 and baptised on 7th
March. As for Robert's children to Mary Hills, Charles was baptised
at the Guildhall Street Independence and Presbyterian Church in Canterbury