Mitchel Fea was probably born on Stronsay, no later than the 1720's. It appears that he may have married twice,
first to Margaret Brodie of Stronsay. Their listed children were:
- Helen Fea, baptised on 16th December 1744
- John Fea, baptised on 17th May 1747. It is a possibility that he was the John Fea who was a mariner with both
the Royal Navy and the Honourable East India Co. and may have married Mary
Alexander in the 1760's.
- Jannet Fea, baptised on 4th March 1750
- Peter Fea, baptised on 3rd February 1754
- Charles Fea, baptised on 11th September 1757
A child is also recorded in the Old Parish Records to Mitchel Fea and Nancy Wards, who may have been a second wife.
- James Fea baptised on 24th October 1766. This is likely to have been around the time of the birth of James
Fea who married Jean Couper and had children in Stronsay between 1797 and 1816.
Unfortunately with a gap in the Old Parish Records for Stronsay from 1770 to 1797 and the lack of other evidence, this cannot