Helen Winton and David Roy
Helen Winton (b. 11th August 1853, Glasgow) was the third of the children of Alexander Winton and Helen Fea. She married David Roy (b. 9th Jan 1852, Crieff) on 27th April 1877 in Glasgow. David was the son of Alexander Roy and Janet Smeaton.
They had seven children, four born in Glasgow and three after emigrating to Ohio:
Janette Roy b. March 1878 who married George Arthur Townhill (b. 26th August 1878, England) on 18th September 1902 in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Jeanette and David had family and lived in Cleveland. David was the son of Aaron Townhill and Mary J Fox. He died in Cleveland on 17th May 1947. Janette died in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga on 22nd July 1951.
- Agnes W Roy b. February 1882 who married Arthur W Dodd (b. 1877, Wales) on 20th September 1822 in Cuyahoga, Ohio. Arthur was the son of Richard Dodd and Eliza Platt. Agnes died on 10th March 1932 in Cleveland, aged fifty.
- Mary A Roy b. September 1883 who married her cousin, Alexander W Gillespie (b. abt 1885, Cambuslang, Glasgow). Alexander was the son of Janet Jessie Lowe Winton and John Gillespie. Mary and Alexander had family. They lived in Cleveland. Alexander died in Toledo, Lucas, Ohio in 1944, aged fifty nine and Mary died there on 17th September 1959, aged seventy six.
Ruth Roy b. 18th November 1885. Ruth lived in Cleveland and died there on 25th June 1925, aged thirty nine.
- Helen Winton Roy b. 12th December, Cleveland, Ohio. Helen lived in Cuyahoga and died at University Heights on 19th September 1943, aged fifty two.
- Davina Roy b. May 1893, Ohio. She also lived in Cleveland and died there in 1958, aged sixty five.
- Alexander Winton Roy b. 9th October 1897, Cleveland, Ohio who married Elizabeth Telford (b. 1897, Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland) on 19th June 1915 in Detroit, Michigan. Elizabeth was the daughter of John Telford and Marion Harrison. She sailed from Glasgow to New York in May 1904 and was in Pennsylvania in 1910. Alexander and Elizabeth had family and lived in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Alexander died in 1980 at University Heights, Cuyahoga, aged eighty three.
David Roy died in Cuyahoga County, Ohio on 17th March 1914, aged sixty two. Helen does appear in the 1930 census at Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga. She was then seventy seven.