Annie Hepburn Fea and William Hepburn
Ann (Annie) Hepburn Fea was the third child of Peter Fea and Christina Hepburn
"FEA Anne Hepburn, lawful daughter of Peter Fea and Christina Hepburn was born September 18th 1829 and baptised by the Rev. Ebenezer Ritchie. Witnesses the Congregation."
She married William Hepburn on 14th October, 1851, at St. Cuthberts', Edinburgh. William was born in 1821 at St. Andrews, Orkney. His parents were John Hepburn and Elizabeth Hepburn Nurquoy.
In 1881 they were living in Orkney at Mill Cottage according to the census for Birsay & Harray. William was a cabinet maker (src.wife's headstone)
Their children were:
- James Hepburn, born 1853, Midlothian. He was living with his parent(s) in both 1861 (Broad St Kirkwall) and 1871 (High St Kirkwall).
- Peter Fea Hepburn was born 15th July, 1854 at Kirkwall. (Not in 1881 census)
- William Hepburn (1857- 1941)
- John Hepburn (1859- )
- Robert Fea Hepburn was born 29th August, 1861. He died of congestion, aged nine, on 26th November, 1870 at Kirkwall and is buried with his mother in the St. Magnus Church Yard in Kirkwall.
- David Hepburn was born 4th May, 1863 Kirkwall. In 1881 he was an apprentice clerk, living with his father at Mill Cottage, Birsay & Harray.
Annie died 6th May, 1864 1300 hours - aged 34 years at Kirkwall. She is buried in the St. Magnus Church Yard.
in memory of
his beloved wife
who departed this life
6th May 1868
Aged 34 years
Also of their son
Robert Fea Hepburn
Born 29th Aug. 1861
died 26th Nov. 1870