/ Barbara Allan
/ Westray Allans
/ Marion Allan and James Harcus
/ Elizabeth Harcus and Robert Groat
Mary Groat and David Drever
Mary Groat was born on 24th February 1829 and baptised the following 29th March, the daughter of Robert Groat and Elizabeth Harcus. She married on 20th March 1851 David Drever, son of David Drever and Ann Reid. David was born in Pharay about 1825 and lived at Hammer. Mary and David had eight children:
Mary Drever, b. 24th Mar 1852 and c. 1st Aug 1852. By 1881 she was a servant in Kirkwall, where she lived the rest of her life. She was a servant on Laing Street in 1881 and on Albert Street in 1891. By 1901 she was keeping a boarding house in Post Office Lane, just off Broad Street. Sadly, Mary died in the Orkney Combination Poorhouse on 6th July 1918.
- Elizabeth (Betsy) Drever, b. 14th Sep 1853, c. 18th Apr 1854 who married James Scott 18th Dec 1879. James was the son of Malcolm Scott and Eliza Irvine, born 21st Dec 1856. They had a son, David Scott, b. 3rd May 1882 who married Margaret Reid of Eday. David was killed in action in WWI on 26th Sep 1916. Betsy died 6th June 1919, Greenha, Eday.
- Ann Drever, b. 7th Aug 1855. Sometime after 1871 she went to Kirkwall where she had two sons: Peter Shearer, b. 1881 and Alfred Drever, b. 1893. Ann died at Walls Close, Victoria Street, 6th Nov 1907.
- Isabella Drever, b. 29th Mar 1857. Isabella does not appear after the 1861 census and it is not known what became of her.
- David Drever, b. 6th Jan 1859 who married his cousin Barbara Groat
- James Drever, b. 17th Oct 1864 who married a cousin, Catherine Ann Burgar, daughter of Elizabeth Hercus and Robert Burgar (Burgess), in 1890. Catherine died in 1892, and it is not known what became of James.
David and Mary lived at Hammer, Pharay and David was a farmer. Mary died of tuberculosis at Hammer 19th March 1883, age 54, and David died 3rd May 1898 at Ness, Pharay, age 75.