/ Westray Grays
/ George Gray and Margaret Seatter
/ Robert Gray and Marion Meal
/ William Gray and Ann Sandison
Elizabeth Gray and James Rendall
Elizabeth Gray (also known as Elspeth or Betsy) was the second daughter of William Gray and his wife Ann Sandison, and was christened in Westray on 1st July 1805. She married James Rendall (son of William Rendall and Mary Donaldson) in Westray on 10th March 1825, and the records show that they had the following children:
Margaret Rendall, christened 12th December 1825, died 1826
- William Rendall, christened 1st July 1827.
- Betsy Donaldson Rendall, born 23rd April 1831
- Robert Rendall, born 6th August 1837
- John Rendall, born 1st November 1839. He married Mary Bain.
- Margaret Scott Rendall, born 4th May 1842
- James Rendall, born 28th June 1845. He married Margaret Fergus.
A gravestone for this family in Westray has the following inscription:
In Memory Of His Mother
Died 4th June 1871
Aged 67 Years
Also Her Daughter Margaret
Born 4th Feby 1826
And Died 26th Feby 1826
Also His Father
Who Died 28th August 1893
Aged 89 Years