/ Westray Grays
/ George Gray and Margaret Seatter
/ Robert Gray and Marion Meal
/ William Gray and Ann Sandison
/ Janet Gray and William Tulloch
Jemima Tulloch was the youngest known child of William Tulloch and Janet Gray, and was born in
Westray on 15th March 1851. She married John Seatter (son of John Seatter and Marion Drever) on 12th
March 1870, and they had the following known children:
Janet Seatter, born 19th December 1870, and died in March 1871
- John David Seatter, b. 16 April 1872. He may have been the 9-year old John Seatter who was recorded as a grandson
at Newark, Westray, in the 1881 census, but nothing further is known of him.
- Thomas Seatter (or Tulloch), born in 1876. He was with his mother at Mount Pleasant, Westray, in the
1881 census, and died 21st July 1890 of influenza.
John died in 1873, and the inscription from his gravestone is shown below.
In Memory Of
Her Beloved Husband
Who Died 14th May 1873
Aged 27 Years
Also Their Daughter
Who Died 12th Mar 1871
Aged 3 Months
Jemima married William Leslie in 1882, and had five more known children:
Janet Leslie, born 26th June 1880
- Mary Leslie, born 11th November 1882
- William Leslie, born 15th December 1886
- George Leslie, born 1st May 1889
- Thomima Leslie, born 27th August 1891
The Leslie household, as recorded in the 1891 census, is shown below.
|1891 - Mount Pleasant, Westray|
|| 8 years
|| 4 years
|| 2 years
Jemima and William and their children seem to have left Westray before the 1901 census, and no further records about them
have been found.